sobota, 16 lutego 2013

Cranachan


Today I was extremely excited to learn about a Scottish dessert- Cranachan ;] It's a mix of raspberries, whipped cream, oat flakes and of course whisky; it sounded quite intreguing. So intreguing that I couldn't stop myself and during my free time I didn't hesitate to try this quick pudding. One of the traditional recipes says that you mix together whipped cream, raspberries, oat flakes, alcohol and honey, but I thought that it wouldn't look that great. That's why I decided to prepare it like an Eton Mess. Traditionally it is served with fresh raspberries, but in winter they are a bit hard to get ;p


Ingredients:

300 ml double cream
2 tablespoons whiskey
aprox 250 g raspberries from syroup
50 g sugar
120 g oat flakes
running honey
vanilla sugar





Put sugar into pan, add 2 tablespoons of water and simmer.


In the mean time put oat flakes into a hot fryingpan and fry until golden. Put the golden flakes into a glass bowl- it will stop them from continuing to fry ;p


Stir flakes with ready caramel, and put them on some baking paper until they cool down.


Whip double cream with one tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of vanilla sugar.


At the end add whiskey.


Layer all of the ingredients in tall glasses.




Put honey on flakes.




It tastes the best served straight after being prepared ;]


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz